Life Insurance Program (SSLI)
“Insurance for You, Protection for Your Family”
Your Wisconsin National Guard Association, Inc. has been administering the State Sponsored Life Insurance (SSLI) program since 1971. Claims are typically paid within 24 hours of being notified which can be a great comfort to family and loved ones.
SSLI is available to all active guardsmen (both Army and Air), separated guardsmen, retirees, spouses and dependent children. Guardsmen can continue this term life insurance coverage until age 70. Dependent children are covered until age 21 or age 26 if they are a dependent full-time student.
Your SSLI not only provides a valuable fringe benefit to our “Guard Families” but we also provide services and programs to our Wisconsin National Guard Community.
Your SSLI Group Term Life Insurance Program provides:
- $10,000 no-cost coverage for new enlistees for one year
- 70% bonus for active guardsmen at no additional cost
- 10% bonus to separated and retired guardsmen
- Educational assistance and scholarship programs
- Support military museums, veterans groups and military organizations
- Gifts, grants and awards to support and promote the Guard
- Recruiting and retention programs
In 2019, WINGA changed our insurance underwriter from New York Life Insurance Company to the Armed Forces Benefits Association/5 Star Insurance Company, 909 N. Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. Our new policy number is MAT POL Ed. WINGABRORO119.
Office Location: JFHQ, Room #162, 2400 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704-2572
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Office Phone: 608/242-3100 Fax: 608/242-3106
Emergency phone number for claims only: call 608/242-3100 and follow prompt for information.
State Insurance Administrator: Colonel (Ret) Mike Williams (License #2536590)